Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Say No to the Stress!

I always try to think of a clever way to kick each post off... a hook, if you will. I guess it's just the English teacher in me. Unfortunately, I don't believe I have been very successful with my hooks...or maybe I have since you're still reading?

I think I should be more stressed right now than I am but I also think that I have a lot of stress that is manifesting itself in different ways. I could list everything that is stressing me out (or should be stressing me out) but I don't really like it when other people do that so I won't. Basically, I'm in the middle of my "Full Responsibility" time during student teaching but have had quite a few curveballs thrown at me during this time. None of them have to do with my teaching but just scheduling conflicts and personal things.

The personal thing that I will describe has to do with my grandma. We thought we had about 6 months with her but as of last Wednesday she stopped responding to her chemo and has been very up and down....mainly down. At this point, she's not getting any more blood and our main objective is to just keep her comfortable for these last few days. I've done my grieving and have cried plenty...now I (and my family) am ready to see her out of her pain and home with God. It will honestly be a big relief but it is still going to be very, very hard to not have her around. If you would, please pray for peace and comfort for her as she is in pretty constant pain. I've felt a lot of comfort through all of this which I think has to do with the fact that I know she's going to Heaven and is going to enjoy herself quite a bit more up there than she is here.

So despite this and the other list of things that could potentially stress me out big time, I'm going to listen to Pilar's advice and stay focused and push through. The great thing about this semester is that I always have something to look forward to...this weekend it is Highball (possibly) on Friday and the San Antonio Rodeo on Saturday with Mark, Kathleen, and Caroline. I also have my 5th graders' Valentine's party on Friday to which I'm going to wear my hot pink tights and some sort of festive Valentine's day decorations. I'm excited. I love those tights and I NEVER have a reason to wear them! Also, speaking of Valentine's day...I am debating on whether or not I want to buy myself a massage again. I did that a couple of years ago as a Vday gift to myself since I am usually celebrating Suck it, Cupid day in lieu of Valentine's Day. This is looking like a really good idea. We shall see.

Now to watch the Ags BTHO Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment