Sunday, February 20, 2011

Up to Heaven She Flew

She was there to say hello, and always with a smile
What followed was a hug that could warm you for a while.
Her kisses were soft and smooshy-the perfect "Grandma" kiss
She always had one ready for her special little Miss.
She spent her days doing for others, not herself
Whether working or worshiping, she would always offer help.
Her family was her life and she always worked to please them
Known by her kid's friends as 'Ma Bell', she was always the cool mom.
She built playhouses and cabanas and chaperoned their beach trips
She worked tirelessly to serve them with love that knew no limits.
Her passion was her faith and that fire burned within
Through sickness and health she loved the Lord all the same.
She fought the good fight, but when her time on earth was through,
She donned a pair of wings and up to Heaven she flew.



My grandma passed away last Wednesday morning. She was a lovely lady who was meant for a place more perfect than this world. I don't mourn for her because she is home, I mourn for my family who just lost a very special person. We have been overwhelmed with support and prayers and are all very thankful for that. Since she was a beautiful poet, I thought I would write a poem just for her.

1 comment:

  1. praying for you & your family Rebecca! I'm so sorry for your loss

    ReplyDelete