Saturday, January 22, 2011

It's the Weekend!

Praise God, it's Saturday! I know that I have ranted and raved about how much I love my students, and I do! BUT....they were awful yesterday. I wasn't the only one who felt that way so I know it wasn't just me. They were a little testy all week to be honest. The other teachers said it was a combination of the full moon, the weather, and the holiday on Monday. I was just relieved to know that it wasn't just me being naive in the first two weeks and then learning what the kids are REALLY like. I'm sure I (and they) will be back to normal on Monday. I just needed a break.

The funny thing was, after such a long Friday all the teachers went to Happy Hour at Serrano's! I didn't go with them, but I did go to a Happy Hour. Rachel, her roommate Ashley, and I went to a cute little place called Zocolo for Happy Hour and had our cute little Sangritas.

Now, I shall backtrack. This week was very eventful aside from the students. Monday was a holiday, and I must say that I was very productive! I went for a run, did a little shopping, wrote a lesson plan, made vegetable soup, visited my grandma, and watched The Bachelor with Rachel and Whitney. Wednesday we went to the basketball game ...which was unfortunately a huge butt whoopin'. We had fun anyway, however. Mark came into town for it and brought with him an adorable monogrammed bag for me! It's a perfect teacher bag. I LOVE IT. We had VIP passes to the game thanks to a guy Pat works with so we got to go into the Lone Star Club and have drinks before the game. Besides all of the burnt orange, it was pretty cool :) After the game, my friends were nice enough to go to the Pluckers by my house (which is WAY north of Austin) and drop me off at home. Totes worth it. Thursday we went to see Mercy Me in concert. They were just as awesome as I imagined they would be! The lead singer was hilarious and had a beautiful kind of joy about him...you could just really see God in him.

I hope to be productive today. The Ags play K. State at 1pm and the sips play Kansas at 3pm. I also need to go buy some skinny jeans. Theeeen we're going downtown tonight! Itsss gonna be a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment