Sunday, January 16, 2011

New Life

I am obviously horrible at keeping up with my blog! Hopefully I can start posting more often than every two months :)

So...much has changed since my last post! I'm now in Austin living with my brother and sister-in-law and student teaching at Naumann Elementary School. I am so incredibly blessed right now because every single aspect of this new living/working arrangement is beyond wonderful. I've always been close with Pat and Allison so living with them has been a smooth transition and is very comfortable and very fun! My school is absolutely wonderful. I am in love with my 5th graders and I love learning new and better ways to teach them. I learn new things every day, either from my cooperating teacher or from the students. I tell you what, you don't realize how much you've forgotten until you try to teach it! I totally forgot what subject and object pronouns were until I had to TEACH them the other day....so yes, I am learning a lot. I also believe there is a good chance that I will get hired on either at this school or at a surrounding school. I'm in the process of researching duplexes a little south of here for next year in case I do get a job. It is very exciting!

As much as I know I will miss being in College Station this semester, I am so happy to be moving on a little early. I can't wait to explore Austin (I started exploring a little by accident yesterday!) and learn the ins and outs of this incredible city.

Since I don't have school tomorrow and I have been bumming the last two days, I plan on being very productive, beginning with going to Target and buying that leather jacket I can't stop thinking about, going for a run, writing lesson plans, making vegitable soup for dinner, and topping of the night with a Bachelor viewing party at Whitney and Rachel's house. It's going to be a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment