Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A little bit of wine-ing

Hello world! It's been a while. Lot's of things have happened since last week, most of them good...some of them not as much.

When I left you I was going to babysit the Schumanns- Luke, age 7, Danielle, age 4, and Levi who is 6 months. They were all angels! Levi was very hungry and only got fussy for a little while (because he was so hungry.) I love that family so much. Friday I went to La Grange to spend one last night in my friend, Kaytlyn's house. Her house was always our gathering place in intermediate and middle school and now her dad is selling it, so we had to have one last sleepover. It's always interesting to go back and hang out with high school friends when I've made so many friends at A&M who are so different. I do love my high school friends, but we're all at very different places in our lives. The night was a blast, all the same. I worked all day Saturday, all day Sunday, and Sunday night Amelia and I saw "Eat, Pray, Love". Let me tell you, that movie was phenomenal. I read the book and it changed my life, and the movie was definitely a great representation of the book. It really reaffirmed a lot of things for me - especially how much life there is to live before I settle down. Also, how much food there is to eat and how much WINE there is to drink! :)

On Monday I turned into Mrs. Clean. I cleaned this apartment like it's never been cleaned before! I mopped, vacuumed, dusted, washed sheets, rugs, wiped down the kitchen and bathroom, cleaned out the couch and febreezed the cushions and pillows....yeah, I did a lot. Totally worth it!

All I have left to say is this: I don't think I've ever met more beautiful, Godly women than I've met here in the past few years. I also don't think I've seen as many amazing women as I have here get hurt by men. I know there are reasons with everyone and I shouldn't be so quick to judge - I just want all of these beautiful women to know that there's nothing wrong with them.

Song lyrics - for all of my beautiful sisters, In Better Hands by Natalie Grant

I am strong all because of You
I stand in awe of every mountain that You move
For I am changed, yesterday is gone
I am safe from this moment on
There's no fear when the night comes round
I'm in better hands now

until next time :)
<3 Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment